A standalone dedicated place serving only parathas is hard to come by on the highways in South India – Indian Paratha Company is the first.
Veg parathas + chai + a beautiful piece road leading to the place are good enough to entice the motorcyclists – so around 12 hungry motorcycling pals descended to this place – occasion being the last bachelor ride of a dear friend.
Based on what we tried, I recommend:
Mooli Paratha and Ginger Chai:
This was a real surprise, I am not a fan of Mooli parathas in South India (somehow it just doesn’t taste as good as they do up-north) – but the ones here were good and tasted much better than the popular aloo parathas.
The Sidekicks – Achar + green chutney were lip-smackingly delicious!! (no-wonder they are charged extra :P)
The Ginger tea is a perfect companion on a cold-morning ride 🙂
A base made of paratha-dough (akin to the pizza-base) and the stuffings laid-out on top (akin to pizza toppings) – voila, parathzza !!
Good to know:
- Parking for cars/motorcycles is on the service-road, no dedicated parking
- Eating outdoors is best enjoyed till 9 to 9:30 am and from 5 pm onwards (highly recommended to avoid other times of the day)
- Food is on the expensive side ( An average of 70 to 100/plate of paratha – which is 4 slices)
- Veg-food only
- Milkshakes , inspite being on the menu werent available
- Lots of space to sit, hang-out, relax and eat at your own pace (unlike some places where the next group of people are breathing down your neck to vacate the table)
- Cards Accepted
- Timings: 7 am to 11 pm all days (although I recommend to reach after 730 am )
This place is after the Bengaluru International Airport (on the highway –NH7/AH43) before the deviation to Nandi Hills