While the popularity & number of places serving traditional Mangalorean cuisine continues to grow in Mangalore, a new crop of cafes catering to the cosmopolitan folks of the city are on the rise – one café that stands out among them is Diesel Café, located on Balmatta road.
While Diesel Café started way back in 2004, it has been revived to bring in additional cuisines and a new look. Diesel Café is the go-to all-day breakfast place in Mangalore to savor pancakes, waffles, English breakfast and delicious coffee.
What to eat ?
- Sharabi Banana Pancake – pancakes with banana toffee cream laced with Old Monk Rum!!
- Cafe Mocha – regular mocha and it was delicious !!
- Baked Chicken Feast (Non-Veg – Mains) – cheesy baked dish chicken, sausages and bell-peppers ( loved it!!)
- Some items on the menu are available during specific times of the day – so read with concentration 😛
- Special Menu: Ask for the special menu – its not available throughout the year, but they run events such as International Waffles & Pancakes festival offering food beyond their regular menu
- It gets crowded on weekends, so spend the waiting time deciding what to eat. The service is a bit-slow, but then good food takes time – order a good set of French fries laced with Sriracha mayo (the fastest thing served :D) to calm down the hunger pangs!!
- Cash and cards are accepted
- Parking: No dedicated parking, plenty of bylanes to park motorcycles and cars
- Timings: Open all days of the week – 7:30 AM to 11:30 PM
- Location: Diesel Cafe, Balmatta Road, Mangalore [Link to Google Maps]