Call it the promise of affordable meals, lure of spicy biryani or the homely style of cooking, an Andhra Mess is always on the radar of a foodie.
One such gem of an Andhra Mess is the Tharuni Andhra Mess in Domlur, Bengaluru – a family run business started 8 years ago by Mr. Rama Rao, with the food and kitchen under the supervision of his wife – lending the homely taste to the food.
In fact most of the such establishments in Bengaluru are family-run, where the owner and other workers consume the same food served to customers and hence a high-standard of hygiene as well.
Tharuni Andhra Mess serves delicious lunch and dinner in vegetarian and non-veg (chicken & egg only) fare. It is their Chicken Biryani and Andhra meals that stand-out, followed by chicken curry and egg-preparations such as bhurji, omelet etc.
- Chicken Biryani: Delicious and spicy chicken biryani with raitha and curry
- Andhra Meals: It’s the veg meal that commands a short nap after – simple, limited, yummy and best relished when served hot. The meals comprise of chapati, palya/subzi, chutney, white rice, dal pappu, spiced buttermilk, sambar, friyums/papad etc
PS: Add a spicy Egg Bhurji to complete the meal 😀
- Andhra Meals: INR 60/plate (limited)
- Chicken Biryani: INR 120
- Biryani Rice: can be ordered in half-serving or full-serving
- Chicken Fry: INR 60
- Chicken Curry: INR 70
- Egg Preparation: Burji, Omelet, Boiled Egg etc. INR 30
- Location: Tharuni Andhra Mess, 1st Floor, Domlur – Google Maps Link
- Timings: 12 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 11 pm (All days of the week)
- Contact: Mr Rama Rao at +919980961759
- Payment: No cards are accepted + Cash, PayTM, Google Pay are accepted
- Parking: No dedicated parking for cars & motorcycles (lots of bylanes around to park)
- They don’t stock soft drinks – feel free to carry your own (if you relish biryani with a soft drink)
- No mineral water is available, regular water is served – feel free to carry your own
- Ambiance: Seating available, Basic – it is a house that’s converted to a mess, basic tables and chairs to eat
- Delivery: Carry your own vessels if you want to parcel food – but I highly recommend visiting the place for hot, fresh food
PS: Don’t miss to try the masala tea at Amit Tea Corner opposite Domlur Post Office.