JK Fishland is an obscure small restaurant in Yediyur Jayanagar, but once you taste their Konkani-Mangalorean style of sea food – you would think twice of taking that “Mangalore food-trip” to satisfy the seafood craving.
Started 12 years ago, JK Fishland looks like a typical south-Indian darshini shod with steel chairs, cash-counter at the entrance and huge images of food-items over the open-kitchen counter.
But looks are deceptive, their seafood curries, fry and fish meals are lip-smacking and outdo the distinguished veterans such as Hotel Fishland, Kudla, Mangalore Pearl etc – in taste and price.
- Fish meals: thali containing boiled rice/white rice, 1 Neer dosa, 1 Bangda rava fry, fish curry, palya/subzi, chutney, buttermilk and a shot of rasam – all this for INR 90 only!!
- Prawns ghee roast: this is master-class!! The best in Karnataka!!
- Chicken ghee roast: the same ghee roast masala but with cooked boneless chicken (if one of allergic to shell-based fish – this is the best alternative)
- Neer dose (1 plate contains 4 Neer dosas)
- Sole fish masala fry
- Anjal fish masala fry
- Prawns rava fry: while the fry is delicious, the accompanying green chutney is the perfect side-kick
- They serve soft drinks – such a meal is incomplete without them 😀
- Buttermilk: can be ordered separately, best drink to calm a spicy meal!!
- Seating is limited to 20-25 ppl at once (total of about 5/6 tables only)
- Avoid weekends and peak lunch-time – it gets crowded (be an early bird and reach at 12pm/12:30pm for a more relaxed dining experience)
- Taste of fish curry is way better than chicken curry
- Ambiance: non-AC, family and kids friendly
- Wheelchair access to restaurant: Yes, but the dining area is very small
- Wheelchair access to toilet: No
- Toilets: No toilets are present at the hotel for men and women
- Cars: no dedicated parking or valet parking (lots of by-lanes around the restaurant to park)
- Motorcycles: no dedicated parking – one can park on the main road of the restaurant
- Mode of payment: cash, UPI and cards (debit and credit) are accepted
- Desserts: not available – there are lots of ice-cream and pastry shops in Jayanagar
- For the Vegetarian: best to avoid – their entire menu is seafood and chicken only
- Location: JK Fishland, Yediyur, Bengaluru (Google maps link)
Supremely delicious and affordable Konkani/Mangalorean seafood in Bengaluru.
Can’t wait to go again!!