This 20-year old chaat shop in Girinagar Bengaluru serves lip smacking Tikki Puri, tomato slice chaat, bun masala, kurkure chaat and more.
Started in 2001 by siblings Prakash and Rajasekhar, over the years Prakash chats has grown from a small gaadi (cart) at the corner to a proper brick-and-mortar shop.
What hasn’t changed is the delicious taste of chaats – made by one person (Mr.Rajasekhar) since.
- Tomato slice chaat: raw tomatoes layered with delicious condiments, tamarind-base sweet sauce, spicy chutney topped with sev and puffed rice – it’s a burst of flavours and juiciness of tomatoes!!
- Bun masala: our Indian version of a burger packs a big nippat, flavoured peanuts, sweet and spice chutney and other condiments stuffed into a bun
- Kurkure Masala chaat: When Kurkure and bhel came together, extremely delicious and best savoured right away before the Kurkure lose their crisp.
- Special Bhel Puri: a delicious bhel Puri aka churmuri meets pineapple – this is a treat for the taste buds!!
- Tikki Puri: save the best for the last!! Absolutely delicious
- Pineapple slice: sliced pineapples topped with sauces and condiments
- They DO parcel the chaats, but I highly recommend to eat them there – else they would get soggy and lose the crisp
- While ordering, state how spicy the chaat should be – less, regular/medium and high
- Family and kids friendly
- Seating arrangement: it is a self-service small shop, not more than 5-6 people can sit at once
- Mode of payment: cash and UPI only ( NO cards are accepted)
- Timings: evenings only – 5 pm to 9 pm (open all days of the week)
- No dedicated parking for cars and motorcycles
- Best to park the car in one of broader adjacent roads and walk to the shop
- Location: Prakash chats, Girinagar, Bengaluru [Google Maps Link]
- Catering: they undertake outdoor catering of chaats (Contact number: +919741338871)