Amritsari Kulcha land in JP nagar has emerged as “the place in Bengaluru to taste Amritsari Kulcha” and I had to find out.
Having tasted the authentic kulchas in Amritsar, Punjab – I was keen to find out how close they tasted to the authentic ones from region of Pind.
In all fairness – while the taste of Amritsari Kulcha served here is very close to the ones in Amritsar, but the chole gravy and the mint chutney were an absolute disappointment 😦
What to eat?
- Amritsari Kulcha (choose between aloo, paneer, gobi and mixed stuffing)
- Sweet Lassi: absolutely delicious, rich and filling
- Veg biryani: this was the surprise I wasn’t expecting – it’s yumm and worth a second visit
- What distinguishes an Amritsari Kulcha from a regular Kulcha is the vegetable/paneer stuffing in the Amritsari Kulcha.
- Non-veg Dishes: while the entire menu is only vegetarian, they have started serving non-veg (limited items) food as well
- No soft drinks are served, but one can carry their own bottle of soft drink (ask the hotel owner, he will happily oblige)
- Ambiance: very basic (non- AC), dine-in is allowed (family + kids friendly)
- Wheelchair Access: No (the dining area is accessed only via steps, no ramp/lift is available)
- Parking: No dedicated parking area for both cars and motorcycles – find a parking place in the adjacent lanes
- Mode of Payment: Cash + UPI & mobile wallet
- Timings: Monday to Sunday 11am to 5pm & 7pm to 11pm
- Location: Amritsari Kulcha Land, JP Nagar Bengaluru (Google Maps Link)