Among the military hotels in Jayanagar, Ranganna Military Hotel and Shivaji Military Hotel have been the most popular – but over the years as the crowds have gone up, the food taste has dropped from “great to mediocre” and the waiting time for a seat have reached nothing less than 30-45 mins (on weekends during lunch time).
Fret not, for there is a new king of Military hotels in Jayanagar – Rajanna Military Hotel 😀
Without a legacy baggage, Rajanna Military Hotel doles out delicious non-vegetarian (chicken and mutton only – no beef and pork) fare of biryanis, non-veg meals, kaal soup, assortment of chicken dishes, mutton kheema, thale (head) mutton, boti, egg curry and even a non-veg Sunday breakfast.
Their nati kolli/chicken dishes are a league above anything one can taste in Bengaluru.
What to eat:
- Meals: Combination of the best curry along with biryani rice, white rice and mudde.
- Choose between chicken, mutton or nati kolli/chicken meals
- Biryani: Typical military style biryani paired with spicy sherwa (chicken-based curry) and curd raitha
- The nati chicken biryani is the best
- Choose between chicken, mutton, egg, nati kolli
- Nati Chicken Fry: the best chicken fry in Bengaluru
- Kaal Soup: absolutely delicious and a great starter before the meal ( one can order only the soup without the leg )
- Parota and Egg masala: for the veg/egg lovers, their egg masala is a master-class, supremely delicious
- Kheema Gojju: honestly I am not a mutton guy, but this one won me over and left the mutton fans drooling – the Kheema Gojju tastes best with the parota
- Sunday breakfast: only on Sunday morning, breakfast consists of idly, dosa, ghee rice, kaal soup (ask the waiter for chicken/mutton dishes to be paired with idly/dosa)
- Ambiance: basic (non-AC)
- Cars: No valet parking + no dedicated parking space (car parking on marked by lanes)
- Motorcycles: available on the main road at the entrance of the restaurant
- Mode of Payment: Cash + cards + mobile-wallet, UPI are accepted
- Wheelchair Access: Nil (it’s located on the 1st floor, access via staircase + elevator)
- Soft drinks: they serve soft drinks [biryani is incomplete without one :)]
- No finger-bowl is provided to wash hands after dining
- 12:30 pm to 4 pm and 6 pm to 11 pm [Tuesday to Saturday]
- 7:30 am to 4 pm and 6 pm to 11 pm [Sunday]
- Closed on Monday
- Location: Rajanna Military Hotel, Jayanagar 9th Brock, Bangalore [Google Maps Link]
- Pricing: Avg of INR 600 (for 2 persons)
- Avoid the rush: lunch time and weekends attract lots of crowd – reach at 12:30 noon for great service and less waiting time
- For the Vegetarian: the veg food is also tasty, assortment of veg curries are best paired with chapati, parota and rice