Located next to VRL Bus stand below the Anand Rao Circle flyover, Basaveshwar Khanavali serves sumptuous north Karnataka style vegetarian jolada aka jowar-rotti meals.
They only serve Jolada Rotti meals, sweets such as holige and sell packed pickles, spicy pudis at the counter.
At INR 190, the unlimited Jolada rotti meal served here constitutes of:
- Jowar rotis with butter
- Fresh fenugreek leaf salad
- Jhunka Vadi (spicy gram-flour based cake)
- Curd-based raitha
- Array of spicy & delicious pudis
- Ennegayi (spicy brinjal-based curry)
- Assortment of lentil-based dishes/subzi
- White rice
- Bottle of mineral water.
Tips to eat:
- Jowar rottis are best relished when hot and with dollops of butter – so take only one rotti per serving, do not overload your plate to eat them cold
- Skip the rice – relish the unlimited hot jolada rottis
- Go with a big appetite!!
- Service is very good – the waiters are polite and are ready to serve any number of times (kindly don’t overload your plate and waste the food)
- Cars: limited parking spots within the building complex (In case you don’t get a spot – there are numerous hotels on Race course road to park the car)
- Motorcycles: lots of space to park within the building complex
- Mode of payment: Cash, cards and wallet payments are accepted
- Location: Basaveshwar Khanavali (same building as the old Pai Hotel) #26/1, Sheshadri Road, Ananda Rao Circle, Bengaluru [Google Maps link]
- Timings: 11:30 am to 10:30 pm (all days of the week)
- Ambiance: the ambiance is pleasant for families (they have AC & non-AC halls to dine)
- The restaurant is located on the 1st floor without an elevator