Since 1953, standing tall in the shade of an aralimara (peepal tree) – Aralimara Panipuri, a small chaat shop has been serving delicious fare of Karnataka-style chaats such as pani puri, masala puri, Dahi puri, aloo puri, bhel and sev puri.
Easily one of the oldest chaat places in Bengaluru – Aralimara pani puri is a road-side fare, drawing patrons with the aroma of the masala gravy and clanking of the ceramic plates (nostalgic memories of eating a chaat).
But it’s claim to fame has been “consistent” great taste, hygiene, customisation of the spice/flavour as per individual taste and fast service.
What to eat?
While everything they offer is delicious- my personal favourites are the masala puri, pani puri and aloo puri.
- Avoid weekends as they are too crowded
- Feel free to customise your chaat wrt spice or sweet levels
- Seating: while one has to stand and eat – they do have a small shop opposite the chaat cart that can accommodate 5-6 people
- Mode of payment: cash and Google pay only (debit/credit cards or other wallet payments are not accepted)
- Timings: 5pm to 10pm – all days of the week
- Location: Aralimara Panipuri, Kempegowda Nagar-Chamarajpet, Bengaluru (google maps location)
- Parking: Available for 2-wheelers (no dedicated parking) + for cars – being a crowded area, difficult to find parking