Mutton biryani for breakfast in the outskirts of Bengaluru, absolutely 😀
While there are multiple joints in Hoskote that dish out biryani, it’s the mutton biryani at Anand Dum Biryani that Bengalureans and locals line-up on select days of the week at mornings. For 15 years, Anand Dum biryani has been serving mutton biryani with raitha, paya-soup cooked in charcoal for hours that infuse the flavor of the spices into the meat and make them tender.
A whopping 1,400 plates of biryani is dished out in the few hours at mornings – which adds to the exclusivity & novelty. While most of them eat at the small shop, they also parcel biryani or paya (provided one brings their containers for parcel) – they don’t have separate arrangements for parcel.
PS: best relished hot on a cold morning 🙂
- They serve only mutton biryani (no chicken biryani, no biryani rice without meat)
- No half measures aka half-plate biryani (its either full or nothing :D)
- No place to sit – one can take the food and eat in their car or stand and eat
- Timings: Biryani is served on select days of the week (Wednesday, Friday & Sunday) from 6:30 am to 9:30 am
- Expect to stand in a single queue to pay and get the food
- Cash only, no online or card payment
- Option to Parcel Biryani – only if you bring your own container
- INR 160 for mutton biryani
- INR 60 for the paya-soup
- Bottled water available
- Location: Anand Dum Biryani, Hoskote [Google Maps link]
- Parking: Ample space to park motorcycles and cars
- Arrive hungry 😀
Relish that early morning ride/drive, savour the biryani , wind-down with a delicious cup of chai/coffee after biryani and the most important bit – get home and take a sound nap after the feast !!
Have a wonderful 2019, blessed with great health, lots of travel for food and more motorcycling!!