When it comes to food, Bangalore has never been so cosmopolitan!! Food from almost every corner of our country/globe has found its way here.
Yet there is something magical about the ‘local-food-gems’ which are known, nurtured and guarded by the locals.
Chikkanna Tiffin Room is one such local-food-gem thriving in the bustling lanes of Nagarathpete in the Old City Market area of Bengaluru. From the past 50 years, this humble tiffin room has been dishing-out delicious Masala, Khali and rice-bath dosas laced with lots of love and ghee.
What to Eat:
Crispy brown masala dosa laced with atleast 25ml of ghee/dosa – things really cant go wrong with this combo 😀
The chutney and potato palya add to the taste.
Khali Dosa with ghee:
With all the ghee teaming with masala dosa, the other dosas and rice-items don’t get ghee by default, so ask for the extra ghee – worth the extra charge.
The Khali dosa which is crispy around the corners and soft at the centre can be ordered either as a single or double with chutney and palya.
Rice Bath Dosa with ghee:
This avatar of dosa is the most difficult to finish – order this when you are absolutely hungry!!
The rice is spicy, but phenomenally tasty!!
The Idlis are decent, but not up-to the class of dosas.
- Timings: Open between
- 7 a m to 11 am & 5pm to 8pm (Tuesday to Saturday)
- 7 am to 11 am only (on Sunday)
- 5pm to 8 pm only (on Monday)
- Cash only, no cards or electronic payment
- Parking: Avoid the car (no parking available), motorcycles can be parked in any of the bylanes
- No Sambar, No coffee or tea is served
- Location: Chikkanna Tiffin Room, Nagrathpete Google Maps Link