Every year May-June, the roads to Himalayas open, attracting hundreds of motorcyclists to pursue their dream rides to the magical Northern frontier. While a fortunate few can afford to ride all the way up-north, transporting motorcycles to the nearest entry point via road and rail saves time and energy.
Motorcycle Crate Transport (popularly known as Motorcycle Cage Transport) by VRL Logistics involving transporting motorcycles in an enclosed crate with minimal/nil damages is becoming a popular option.
Motorcycle crate transport facility is available only across select VRL Logistics Warehouse centers in India.
Here is all you need to know about motorcycle transportation in a cage by VRL:
- There is NO system to pre-book/block a motorcycle crate ONLINE
- One DOES NOT need an AGENT to book or transport
- Call the VRL Logistics Warehouse Office, provide the details of the destination, number of bikes and date of journey to narrow down the loading date and cost of the transport
- Cost of the transport (includes transportation + packing) is calculated based on:
- Type of crate (Regular & Big for the giant ADV motorcycles)
Consists of 3 steps – Documentation, Packing and Loading/Mounting on the crate.
- Couple of forms need to be filled before they pack/load the motorcycles
- Verification of motorcycle documents by VRL officers
- Documents to be submitted to VRL:
- Copy of RC Card/Motorcycle Registration
- Copy of Valid Insurance
- Copy of Valid Emission Certificate
- Copy of the Driving Licence
- Payment to be done on the day of the loading in CASH or ONLINE TRANSFER ONLY (No CARDS/DIGITAL WALLET payment is accepted)
- A Consignee Copy aka Pink Note is provided as acknowledgment of the motorcycle transport – this needs to be shown at the destination to receive the motorcycle
Packing: includes emptying the fuel + packing the motorcycle and the motorcycle gear before loading onto the crate
Loading: includes mounting the motorcycle on the crate and securing the crate with a personal lock
Anticipate a total time-frame of 3 hours to finish the documentation, packing and loading for each motorcycle.
- The Bangalore VRL Logistics Warehouse Facility is located at Dabaspet, about 40-50 kms from the city
- Contact Number of Manager of VRL Dabaspet (Mr. Murthy) – +919343097329
- Carry a Long-chain with a lock OR Wire Lock to secure the crate
- Packing material is available in sufficient quantities at the Logistics center – so its not required to carry personal packing material
- Work Tip: The packing guys expect and demand a tip of 200 bucks/person
- Carry fuel jerry cans to take back the fuel removed from the motorcycle
- Carry sufficient amount of water + snacks
- DO NOT miss the ice-cream at Polar Bear located 3 kms from the VRL Facility in Dabaspet
- Smoking is NOT ALLOWED in the warehouse – one has to walk out beyond the loading docks to smoke
- Pack and load your motorcycle gear and spares into the crate
- DO NOT FORGET to Carry the Chain/Wire Lock Key + Consignee Copy + Motorcycle Ignition Key
Happy Touring 🙂