When it comes to food, “word of mouth” has never let me down. Suggested by a dear friend, Hotel Sri Annapoorneshwari in Hariharapura, a vtown near Koppa was our breakfast stop during the Malnad Ride and it turned out to be good one.
Run by Mr. Sudhkar Gowda, Hotel Sri Annapoorneshwari is an extension of Mr. Sudhakar’s house with a mini-shop selling provisions and a home-kitchen, where the food is prepared for the patrons. The porch & garage area of the house is converted into the dining area which overlooks the State Highway (SH 65) connecting Hariharapura and Begar.
Recommended to Eat:
Breakfast: Chitranna (cooked rice flavored with spices, particularly oil-popped mustard seeds and turmeric) coupled with a few bottles of Kokum Soda are the most delicious on their breakfast menu which includes Idly, Vada, Maida-based Parota (Kerala-style), Dosa, Wheat Chapati etc
Lunch: Incase you sticking around for lunch, they serve delicious Ragi Mudde, Fish & Chicken thali meals only in the afternoon. However some breakfast items such as Chitranna, Idly-Vada, Parota etc. are available throughout.
Places to visit around Hariharapura:
- Hariharapura Hanging Bridge : Built across River Tunga , this is one of the few hanging bridges in Karnataka which can be crossed on a motorcycle.
Orientation: Google Maps Link (located about 1 km from the town-center of Hariharapura)
- Kundadri Hills : A serene hillock with cloud-laced views of the Western Ghats and a Jain Basadi at the summit.
Orientation: Google Maps Link (located about 28 kms from Hariharapura)
- Orientation: The eatery is located on the Right-side before entering Hariharapura town (coming from Begar)
- Timings: 7:30 am to 11 pm
- Contact Details of the owner: Sudhakar Gowda @ +919841394689
- Mode of payment: Accepts Cash & Paytm payment only
- No dedicated parking for motorcycles or cars, however it’s easy to find a spot to park them next to the highway