There is something about food in mountain cafes, simplest of food tastes so better – must be the mountain air and water. Baker’s Café is one of the oldest and most popular cafes to eat in Gangtok, famous for pastas, muffins and pastries.
Black Forest Pastry:
It has to be the fresh cream whipped in mountain air that makes the difference – absolutely delicious 🙂
Hazelnut Latte and Penne Olio-e-Aglio Pasta:
The hazelnut latte has to be the coffee to sip on in Gangtok and the Olio-e-Aglio pasta, modified to suit the Indian palate complimented the latte very well.
We tried an assortment of muffins and my personal favorite is the blueberry-muffin, unfortunately the chocolate-muffin didn’t live up to its delicious-looks. The Apple crumble was a disappointment 😦
Spaghetti with Mushroom Veg Pasta:
The pasta sauce with mushrooms was delicious, however the spaghetti was cooked without the salt, so it was a bit of a bummer!!
- Timings 8 am to 8 pm (Open all days of the week)
- Location: Baker’s Cafe Mahatma Gandhi Marg Gangtok, Sikkim
- Contact Number: 03592 220 195
- No dedicated parking for motorcycles in MG Marg (it’s a no-vehicle zone)
- Mode of Payment: stick to cash, cards sometimes don’t work
If you are in Gangtok and craving for some pastries, Baker’s Café wont disappoint you 🙂