Being a motorcyclist my entire life, I always wondered of ‘What More’ can one do apart from the regular notion of weekend touring on motorcycles. The intent has been to highlight/experience ‘other available facets of motorcycling’ in my beloved city.
1) Get Off the Road:
Big Rock Motopark, an off-roading facility run by Santhosh CS and his team providing the experience of off-road trail and dirt riding and yes they teach you to take “jumps” (the closest to flying on a motorcycle!!)
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bigrockmotopark/
- Location: Holali Village, Kolar
- Distance from Bangalore: 60kms
- Contact Number: +919731799941/+919731733341
- Cost: half day program (6000 INR/person includes food, gear and the motorcycle – mainly the Honda CRF 250)
Usually their programs/events are on weekends from 7 am to 5:30pm.
Image Credit: Big Rock Motopark
2) Royal Enfield Factory Tour:
There is so much that goes into a motorcycle and no better way to understand that than visiting a motorcycle factory. In spite of an array of opinions – the RE factory tour is highly recommended for every motorcyclist (especially the Paint-Shop of the tour) – helmets off to these artists!!
- Website: http://royalenfield.com/aboutus/factory-tour/
- Location: Tiruvottiyur, Chennai
- Cost: 600INR/ person
- Days of the tour: Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month
- Procedure: Register for the tour online and wait for a confirmation email
- Cameras and Videography during the tour is limited
- Duration of the tour: 3 to 3.5 hours
Image Credit: Royal Enfield India
3) Live the Poster Dream – Luxury Bike Rentals in Bangalore!!
Can it get any better!! You heard me – the first of the kind to rent superbikes on a day-to-day basis (mostly Harleys and Triumphs for now).
- Website: http://wickedride.in/ and https://www.facebook.com/wickedrideindia
- Location: Jayanagar, Bangalore
- Contact Number: 9740385100/9986244195/9886450435
- Cost: starts at 3600 INR/day on weekdays
Image Credit: Wicked Ride
4) Sign-Up for a TrackDay Riding School
The best arena to understand and push the limits of one’s riding abilities – a 2 day session on racetrack opens up the mind of the rider enabling him/her to make better decisions on the road.
Image Credit: IndiMotard Adventures